Stride Career Prep
Students at Destinations Career Academy of Oregon gain exposure to relevant technical and specialty trade skills through Stride Career Prep courses built around three career fields. Successful completion of these courses may help students prepare for industry-recognized certification exams after graduation.*
Courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following career fields:
- Business and Management: Careers in planning, managing, and performing marketing activities to reach organization objectives. Learn more about Business and Management.
- Health Sciences: Careers in planning, managing, and providing therapeutic services, diagnostic services, health informatics, support services, and biotechnology research and development. Learn more about Health Sciences.
- Arts, Information, and Communications: Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services. Learn more about Arts, Information, and Communications.
*Many Microsoft®️ Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who participate in the program for at least two years will have further preparation for certification testing.
Stride Career Prep students can join our SkillsUSA chapter. With curriculum that covers 130 job categories and more than 600 national partners—businesses, trade associations, and unions—SkillsUSA gives students the opportunity to:
- Practically apply what they learn in the classroom
- Take courses in addition to those offered in the Stride K12 course catalog
- Participate in academic competitions
- Perform community service
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Earn scholarships offered exclusively through SkillsUSA