CAREER AND COLLEGE PREP
Make a Difference
What if high school was all you needed to get started on your dream job? Many healthcare careers don't require a college degree. You can begin making a difference sooner than you thought!
Which pathways are offered?
Certified Medical Assistant—This pathway prepares students to complete administrative and clinical tasks in hospitals, physicians' offices, and other healthcare facilities.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)—This pathway prepares students to provide basic care and help patients with daily living activities.
Pharmacy Technician—This pathway prepares students to assist licensed pharmacists in providing healthcare and medications to patients in medical settings such as hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, and labs.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Medical assistant
- Nursing assistant
- Pharmacy technician
- Registered nurse
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school.
What could my future look like in this career field?**
**Data is from Lightcast and is updated frequently.
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- American Medical Certification Association (AMCA) Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC) exam
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) exam
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Medical Assisting exam
- Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC) exam
- Pharmacy Technician Certification exam (PTCE)