Business and Management
Which pathways are offered?
- Entrepreneurship—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct the operations of a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. In small firms, this may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities.
- Marketing Communications—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Small Business Owner
- Promotions Manager
- Accountant Executive
- Art/Graphics Director
- Media Buyer/Planner
- Public Relations Manager
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Promotions Manager—$132,620/year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- The National Occupational Competency Testing Institute (NOCTI) Advertising and Design Job Ready Assessments
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Exam